........ Julian Hall A Bermudian intellectual Icon ...... Photo from Google picture When my friend Nelly informed me of Julian Hall’s deat...
This book is dedicated to the revival of basic but lost knowledge and the dwindling understanding of the fundamentals of courtship, while p...
When a person is raped, they experience many psychological effects, this is as a result of the unwanted sexual imposition. Apart of the psyc...
Ex-Permier Dr. Ewart Browne JP, MP Dr. Eward Browne’s action, of voluntarily st...
Esme Williams (Executive Director B.B.B.S Bermuda) On Tuesday 8th January 2008, Sam Strangeways a reporter that works with the Royal Gazett...
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Hon. Dr. E Brown and Rev. Al Sharpton Share a moment
Anything that is worth doing, is worth doing well, we must also be cognisent of the fact that any operation of any significant may take a while before such can or may bear any meaningful results. We must also come to the realization that change do not come over night, especially if such changes may dig into the profits of those who are expected to accept or make the change. An example of this, is the problem, Barack Obama is currently experiencing in his plight to secure Health care for all American, which in my opinion and the opinion of his opposers, is quit reasomable. In such cases, those who are vested with the responsibility to effect such changes will resist such, ever at cost that is more expensive than implementing the required changes.
Why is this reply significant?
The reply from the Premier’s office is significant for the following reasons:
1. It is an acknowledgement that the campaign is a worthy one.
2. The campaign has got the attention of the island Premier; the most influential political individual on the island of Bermuda.
3. The premier is the person who has the power to instruct or order a comprehensive investigation into this matter and ensure that such is carried out.
4. Being a medical professional he has an understanding of the situation and will be sensitive to such a matter.
5. He has the authority and can ensure that funds are placed in the budget for the required scientific studies and or research can be conducted.
Although the Governor is head of state, the premier is the one who controls the island purse, he along with his cabinet is responsible for its management and its growth.
It is my hope that the members of the Bermuda Police Association will get up off of their laurels and join this campaign because each of them are going to benefit.
To Premier of Bermuda: the Hon. Dr. Ewart Browne (JP MP) thanks for your acknowledgement and for demonstrating such level of statesmanship. Your sensitivity to this matter is not only critical it is appreciated by the men and women who ensure your security and the security of your country.
This is not the all in all for the campaign; it is only a stepping stone that will aid for more significant movement.